Well, image transfers are really fun, and I can see how they can be used to really spruce up items, or can be used as the jumping off point for a larger design, which is what I did.
I ended up using 4 different tutorials I found on the web, and 1 tutorial that was given to me as part of the PCAGOE Challenge. I did a combination of all of the different ways to do transfers. I ended up ruining a LOT of clay. I think I did about 20 transfers before my frustration level went through the roof and I just "settled" on the one I used, which thankfully also was the best of the bunch as it turns out.
One big lesson I learned... don't make a bunch of transfers and then leave it overnight. It becomes a sticky ugly mess!
Here is my final piece:
And, here is a close up of the details on the transfer itself:
When you look at the full size all the way blown up, you can see I get each dot of ink. I seriously took ages sloooowly and gently getting the paper off of this transfer. And I HATE pruny fingers so this was really a labor of love.
Sadly, once again I was alone on the craft-along. Come on people! This is good times!
Now, as I mentioned, I chose this tutorial craft along to work in conjunction with a challenge I was entering as part of the September Challenge at PCAGOE. I will be making another post shortly with more details, but if you just can't wait, go here to vote! I bet #20 looks familiar...